Monday, January 24, 2011

Early Anniversary

So my wonderful husband heard that M.Ward was coming to South Lake Tahoe. M. Ward is a very talented musician and we love his music. He doesn't tour very often so he jumped at the chance to go see him perform. Houston decided to make a trip out of it so he surprised me again when he said we were going on an early anniversary trip. This works out perfectly because I'm due a week before our actual anniversary and the second trimester is the ideal time to travel while pregnant. So we headed up to Tahoe and walked around Heavenly Village shopping Center. We got our tickets and then headed in side Harrah's to wait for the show to start.

Out side with the M.Ward sign in the background
We went into the hotel and I spotted M.Ward from across the lobby. I hit Houston and I pointed him out "There's M.ward, that's totally him oh my gosh!" I think M. Ward heard me because he walked as fast as he could towards the elevator. That didn't stop us! We stalked him into the elevator which was full so we thought we would wait a couple stops before we outed him. You would think that since we were that close we would say something right? WRONG! He is an indie artist and really is no Justin Timberlake where he is used to people stalking him and asking for his autograph so we left him alone. That and he got off sooner than we expected. But I stood right next to him! He is a lot shorter than I thought he was. Either way it was exciting to be so close. These are the pictures we did get of him.

In the morning we woke up and drove to Reno and went to breakfast at Heidi's. Yummy food!




Then we went to Cabela's to buy something for my .22 and we got a pop gun for Veronica. Here is Houston playing with V's gun.
After we crossed into California, we stopped off at Cisco Grove. This picture is of the road we take up to go to our annual family camp to Woodchuck Flats. As you can see its covered in snow.
While I was taking pictures Houston thought he would have fun by throwing snow balls at me.
While Houston was checking this picture on our camera, I hit him with a snow ball, accidentally hitting him in a place that hurt him very badly. We had to leave right away..... Oops.
After that incident we drove through Loomis and Rocklin looking at houses and the landscape and finally made it home to our baby girl. I was so happy to see her!



No comments:

Post a Comment