Since July, We decided to take a trip to Oregon in August to visit some friends before they moved to Utah. Houston woke up sick the morning we were leaving so I drove the whole 10+ hours to Glide, Oregon. Which is kind of a big deal since Houston usually does the long distance driving. After his car accident when he was a teenager, he doesn't trust too many people when it comes to driving.
We made it there safely and we stayed in Glide a couple of days, went camping at a beautiful camping site near the Umpqua River and we went to Banden, Oregon and visited the Safari Petting Zoo. Veronica got attacked by a goat for her crackers and cried. Houston threw the goat across the pin and got some funny looks for it. Veronica and I got to pet a Tiger cub and then two Black spotted Leopards that were 28 days old. One climbed on my lap with Veronica and she pushed it off. It was adorable. We then drove up to Portland for their Saturday Outdoor Fair. It is mostly recycled material or homemade crafts. We came home with a ton of ideas to make different things. We are really into recycling and updating the old and unique. After Portland we stayed in Salem for a night and then drove home the next day. We miss our friends Zach and Jasmine and hope to see them again soon.
From August to December we surrounded ourselves with school. Houston stopped working and was a full time student at both CSUS and Sierra College. He is working on his Bachelors Degree in Social Work (BSW). After that he plans to go into the Masters Program (MSW) and then become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). At CSUS they have a one year Masters Program and if he gets good grades he can qualify for that instead of the two year program. He cant get more than one "B". And this is the reason he stopped working. To focus on school, that and during his senior year he has to work in a clinic and intern to get hours of experience. Currently he has straight "A's". I'm so proud! I was also a full time student at Sierra working towards my Associates in Accounting.
We went on side trips here and there. We went to Bishops pumpkin farm in October and then Dovewood Court to look at Christmas lights.
The first weekend in October, Houston and I had an opportunity to go on a school field trip to Mono Lake to take pictures. We had a lot of fun exploring different towns and the Lake and surrounding communities itself was beautiful and fun.
In the middle of October I found out I was pregnant with baby number two. We are so happy to welcome this new addition to our family. I'm due June 21st, a week before our anniversary. I'm feeling him/her move all around now. I think its a boy but we find out on Thursday!

This video was taken at one of Sam's , my bro in law, football games. It's pretty funny, but I felt bad.
Veronica turned two in December and we had an Alice in Wonderland themed party. It was fun and appreciate the family and friends that were able to join us.
In January before school started went journeyed to San Francisco a few times. We saw the Impressionist Exhibit at De Young and then the Exploratorium and The California Academy of Science (The rain forest was my favorite part) were free so we went and let Veronica explore. We also went to Petaluma and Bodega Bay and stayed the night with our friends Steven and Heidi. When we went to Bodega Bay we were able to see a whale! We miss Steven and Heidi too! At least they are only a couple hours away.
I think now I'm pretty well caught up. Hopefully it will stay that way.....
No comments:
Post a Comment